Corona SDK Mobile Game Development: Beginner’s GuideMay 13, 2013 | 7:15 pm | 0 Comment | 685 Views
Corona SDK Mobile Game Development: Beginner’s Guide - Free eBook Download
Paperback: 408 pages
Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 24, 2012)
File Size: 25.4 Mb | File Format: Epub + PDF
Corona SDK is the fastest and easiest way to create commercially successful cross platform mobile games. Just ask Robert Nay, a 14 year old who created Bubble Ball – downloaded three million times, famously knocking Angry Birds off the top spot. You don’t need to be a programming veteran to create games using Corona. Corona SDK is the number one tool for creating fun, simple blockbuster games.
Assuming no experience at all with programming or game development you will learn the basic foundations of Lua and Corona right through to creating several monetized games deployable to Android and Apple stores.
You will begin with a crash course in Lua, the programming language underpinning the Corona SDK tool. After downloading and installing Corona and writing some simple code you will dive straight into game development. You will start by creating a simple breakout game with controls optimized for mobile. You will build on this by creating two more games incorporating different features such as falling physics. The book ends with a tutorial on social network integration, implementing in app purchase and most important of all monetizing and shipping your game to the Android and App stores.
What you will learn from this book
- Optimize your game for mobile using touch and accelerometer
- Add sound and music to your game
- Master game physics such as collision detection
- Add achievements and leaderboards with OpenFeint and Game Center
- Monetize your game with in app purchase and advertising.
- Make your game socially aware by sharing messages and scores on Facebook and Twitter.
You will learn by doing. First a brief crash course in Lua and Corona. Once this is done you will be thrown straight into creating fully functional complete games chapter by chapter. Certain chapters are reserved for adding advanced features such as multiple device integration, social networking and monetization.
About the Author
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started With Corona SDK
Chapter 2: Lua Crash Course and the Corona Framework
Chapter 3: Building our First Game: Breakout
Chapter 4: Game Controls
Chapter 5: Animating our Game
Chapter 6: Playing Sounds and Music
Chapter 7: Physics: Falling Objects
Chapter 8: Operation Storyboard
Chapter 9: Handling Multiple Devices and Networking your Apps
Chapter 10: Optimizing, Testing, and Shipping your Games
Chapter 11: Implementing In-App Purchases
Download eBook : Corona SDK Mobile Game Development: Beginner’s Guide
- Social Collaboration For Dummies
- C# Programming: From Problem Analysis to Program Design, 4th Edition
- Macs For Dummies, 12th Edition
- Android Recipes, 2nd Edition
- Advanced Qt Programming
- C++ Quick Syntax Reference
- Learn Windows PowerShell 3 in a Month of Lunches, 2nd Edition
- Graphs, Networks and Algorithms, 4th Edition
- Enterprise OSGi in Action
- Compressed Data Structures for Strings