Nikon D5200 For DummiesNovember 2, 2013 | 7:07 pm | 0 Comment | 495 Views
Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (April 29, 2013)
File Size: 82.1 Mb | File Format: PDF
Invaluable photography advice for D5200 beginners
The Nikon D5200 is one of Nikon’s most advanced cameras offered in the entry-level line of dSLRs. This book goes beyond the user’s manual to deliver a helpful introduction to the basic photo skills needed in order to get great shots from the D5200. Assuming no prior dSLR knowledge, veteran author Julie Adair King offers you a tour of the camera body with this full-color book as she presents you with a hands-on how-to on all the features of the D5200. Packed with pics, this fun and friendly guide offers unique inspiration for capturing your own memorable images.
- Helps you get an accurate feel for the camera, shooting in Auto mode, and managing playback options
- Walks you through adjusting settings to get better results from exposure, lighting, focus, and color
- Includes a full chapter on video mode
- Addresses sending images to a computer for organizing, editing, and sharing
- Demonstrates how to put the pieces together to get better portraits, action shots, and outdoor shots in any sort of light.
- Shares tips on the most common edits needed to improve shots
Featuring an abundance of useful tips, this helpful guide encourages you to take control of your Nikon 5200 to get the photos you want.
From the Back Cover
- Take professional-looking photos even if this is your first dSLR
- Use automatic shooting modes or move up to manual control
- Get creative with exposure, color, focus, and special effects
IN FULL COLOR!
Fantastic photos, marvelous movies — master the features of your D5200, and get both
Now that you have your Nikon D5200, you’re probably eager to get out there and start shooting. But check out this book first! You’ll learn what all the camera’s controls are for, which exposure modes work best, how to control focus and color, and how to shoot movies. You also get tips for printing and sharing photos.
- Tour the controls — find out what all the settings do and program your camera for automatic shooting
- Personalize adjustments — learn to adjust the viewfinder for your eyesight, use the articulating monitor, and customize buttons
- Movies and more — explore Live View mode, experiment with focusing options, and shoot both still images and movies
- Play that back — set playback preferences, delete bad photos and protect great ones, and prepare photos for printing or e-mail
- Take charge — master exposure control, manipulate focus and color, and manage flash
Open the book and find:
- Tips on choosing lenses
- The scoop on file formats
- How to use your monitor as a viewfinder
- Explanations of f-stops, shutter speed, and other terms
- Advice on downloading and processing photo files
- What “noise” is and how to control it
- Hints for capturing specific images
- Ways to edit photos using menu options